OUR PHYSICAL EXPANSION
Umtiza Farmers Corp currently has TEN branches in the Eastern Cape:
Alice, Butterworth, Dutywa, East London, Fort Beaufort, Keiskammahoek, King Williams Town, Peddie, Stutterheim and Tsomo.
The branches are managed by teams of Agriculturists and backed by competent and dedicated staff.
Each branch is fully computerised and is administered from our Head Office in East London. Our branches are well positioned in their centres of trade.
We are opening further branches in Umtata (where we have teamed up with ORTAMBO Farmers Association), and Engcobo. Together with our existing main centre branches these new branches will combine to form a network of branches from which we can service satellite stores and local Co-Operatives, and in so doing penetrate most of the areas we will be servicing.
We intend to:
- Eventually own all our branch premises.
- Each branch will be well located and easily accessible to the farmers in our surrounding areas.
- Fully mechanise each branch.
- Begin a manufacturing section in order to add value to our farmers crops.
- Implement extensive in-house farmer training programs theory and practical.
Suitable sites for the development of our own properties have already been evaluated in most of the towns we are, and intend to service.
The above-mentioned expansion plans together with our track record of working hand in hand with Government and Local structures in agriculture, with whom we have forged a sound relationships over the years, will and is resulting in the success of Umtiza and agricultural growth in the area.